General Chit Chat about PWC's

Mandurah Ski Area - Where ??

Postby Shorty on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Lookin to take the family down to Mandurah this Sunday and go for a ski and tow the kids in the tube. We did it in the estury last summer but was lookin to do it in the ocean this time. Thinking about putting the ski in at halls head and heading out and setting up on the beach somewhere. Can someone tell me were you can / can't go ? Being a Northie, not too sure about that area all that way in the deeeep south ...
Need your Garage or Workshop sorted ?
www.garagestorageworld.com.au
Shorty
Cadet Junky

Re: Mandurah Ski Area - Where ??

Postby turbo retro on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:50 pm

shorty,

area near the sandbar is a waterski area...in mandurah... but its summer, and it can get pretty choppy out there..

i think simon had a good day down at kwinana beach.. might be ideal as well as its pretty sheltered.. lots of nice smooth sand around..

shoot simon a pm and chat with him.. i hear he owes me a steak.. or two... :ugeek:
2007 Sleeper Turbo RXT
2004 Green RXP
retro@jetskijunkys.com
turbo retro
3 shirts per minute ironing junky

Postby iJOE on Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:58 am

The official Ski area is just north east of the mouth to the mandurah estuary,
The closest launch point is either the Marina (Paid) or Mary Street Lagoon,

Access to the beach from the water is only permitted at the Ski Takeoff area, This is just north of the "town beach" In Silversands,

Your not permitted to tow people from the Ramp to the ski area, Soo this whole arrangement is shithouse,, As you would need at least 2 cars, Because theres not trailer parking at Silversands..

Anyway, Enjoy. Dont break the rules as this is a awesome place for ski's run around, And the more people that break the rules, The less likely were going to be able to play in the ocean in this little bit of awesome,

IE, Out of towners spoiling it for the locals = bad :D
iJOE
IT Junky

Postby Simon on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:22 am

I too am a northerner, but like to venture down to the mexicans every now and then

Retro gave me the tip on Kwinana Beach last week. It was a great place for a family ski. In fact I am heading there again with some family friends on Thursday. Good place to set up a sun shelter, kids can have a play on the beach, not too many people around. Great bit of water for biscuiting. I am even going to try wakeboarding for the first time down there.
Yes Retro gives good advice.

Enjoy!

Simon
Seadoo 09 RXT-X
Seadoo 09 GTI-130
Simon
Pre-Junky

Return to General Chat

• VISITORS